Saturday, January 7, 2012

Why One Church A Week?

So my husband, Brian, and I wanted to start a random regular project for the New Year.  I wanted to do something meaningful that I could potentially write about and he wanted to… basically quit our jobs and spend our life savings traveling the world for a year.  Compromise, we decided to each make a list of 10 possible ideas, have dinner a few days before 2012 and pick the best idea.  In the end, our lists had 3 things in common: they were not complete until Jan 2, both included “drink 365 different beers”, and neither of us could come up with more than 9 ideas.

So the winner and subject of this blog (for at a minimum one week) drum roll… we’re going to a different church every week!

As two super non- religious, Catholic- raised realists this should be at least different. This is not an attempt to find a home church or to find Jesus or Krishna or even inner piece, but simply an exploration into religion in America (well parts of America that are close to where we happen to be on a given Sunday).  I have a deep respect and value for all religious traditions, except the ones that promote any anti-gay or anti-Muslim or anti-…shit, this might not be the most open minded exploration…but whatever… Here goes:

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting! I'm a "non-religious realist" also, but Ashley has been asking about religion lately. I vowed to let them explore it on their own, when they were ready, and not force anything on them. I can't wait to see what you discover!

    ReplyDelete